Are workplace robots subject to sexual harassment and harassment of humans?
OFweekrobotAI-powered chatbots have already caused a stir in the workplace without having to go anywhere. Given the substance behind this, it is critical for forward-thinking executives to understand this AI technology and figure out how it can change their business policies and procedures.
Chatbots are good atautomationdealing with monotony,mechanicalRepetitive work tasks, which allow employees to think strategically, innovate, and tackle more advanced tasks. However, with the introduction of any new technology, there are some complexities associated with it, and some pitfalls can be avoided. One of the complex issues involves workplace sexual harassment.
Can bots be harassed?
The first question to consider is whether Robots are subject to sexual harassment. While a person cannot legally sexually harass a robot, there are three reasons why sexual harassment of a robot is unreasonable:
1. This behavior perpetuates a sexist and unreasonable sexual culture.
2. This may lead to co-workers engaging in pornography together.
3. You can also be mistaken for a robot when you have sex with people.
Do robots harass humans?
It seems odd that robots are being sexually harassed. After all, robots are only part of software, they are not human and cannot do things with purpose like humans. But what many people don’t know is that legal sexual harassment is not necessarily intentional harassment. With this in mind, executives need to consider three important questions when introducing chatbots in the workplace:
1. It is critical to provide end-users with training on how to interact with the chatbot.
2. Companies should have clear policies governing employee interactions with chatbots.
3. These policy routines should be documented, such as in an employee handbook.
Anticipate problems in advance
Fortunately, using B2B chatbots is pretty safe. They also actually only go wrong when they are intentionally misused by humans, which is an inherent risk in all technologies. It is safe to use well-designed and executed B2B robots in the workplace for the following reasons:
1. They only receive professional data training.
2. They are restricted to a variety of specific work tasks.
3. They may even prevent sexual harassment in the workplace.
While it is safe to use B2B chatbots in the workplace, there are a few things that need to be done to keep them safe. E.g:
1. Understand the training mode and data